Why is belly fat so hard to get rid of?
One of the most important things you can do to preserve your waistline and your health is to improve how your cells respond to insulin, in other words, increase insulin sensitivity. Here are ways to do that:
· Lose weight (although difficult when you’re already insulin resistant).
· Exercise, including weight training and high-intensity training, IN MODERATION. Don’t over train.
· Eliminate sugar and refined carbohydrates. Make the carbs you eat healthy, fiber-rich ones.
A Mediterranean diet is a good plan to follow.
· Get at least 7 hours of sleep nightly.
· Manage stress using a method that works for you. Meditation and yoga are two effective stress reduction exercises.
Stubborn belly fat becomes even more stubborn after menopause and the stubborn areas often switch from the hips and thighs to the waistline and tummy. Yet, lifestyle and dietary strategies can help you avoid an expanding waistline. Take advantage of that!
For some 20 min. workouts to assist you in decreasing that stubborn belly fat, check out avwellness.com.